The marvellous Corina invited her readers to make a list of things they dislike and those they love. I agree with her that “hate” is a word I try not to use, and much prefer “dislike.”
10 Things I Dislike.
1. Lateness. I am a punctual person. It reflects respect, being on time. It is an acknowledgement that the person’s time is valuable. It is also necessary. I take medications at certain times to curtail my spinal/nerve pain. I have to self-catheterise at specific times as a result of my spinal injuries. My days are timed to such an extent that an hour spent sitting is calculated. If times blow out by as little as twenty minutes, everything goes to hell.
2. Noisy Neighbours. They can make or break a place!
3. Talking on phones. I can reply to texts and emails in blocks, and just don’t have time for several phone calls each day, especially when service providers keep you waiting for hours!
4. Drama. Drama is something that one trains for as an actor, and should only be seen on-screen or in the theatre.
5. Politicians. Need I say more?
6. Wrapping gifts. Mostly because I suck at it.
7. Big shopping centres. Sensory overload. I resent being deliberately hypnotized by lighting and sounds into a state of inertia.
8. People who gossip and are mean. I would hope that we have evolved as a species.
9. Winter. I lay broken on the ground in winter, going into shock as the paramedics wrapped a foil blanket around me. Winter doesn’t float my boat.
10. Noise. Why are people scared of silence?
10 Things I Love.
1. My Daughter. She is magnificent. She sings and plays guitar.
2. My Guinea Pigs and birds. They are whimsical, affectionate creatures.
3. My computer and Wi fi connection!
4. Springtime. The season of hope.
5. Loyal Friends.
6. Music. Everything from Lolo Lovina to The Old Married Couple and many more aside.
7. People who make me laugh and are fun! Life can get so heavy. It is a blessing to be around those who lighten your load.
8. My errant treasures of books, vintage clothing, photos and decorations.
9. The magnificent fresh produce available in my town, and the purveyors of such.
10. Art in all its forms.
If you would like to devise your own lists, feel free to do so!