Art by Rob Goldstein has nominated me for The Sunshine Award. Thankyou, my friend! I am humbled and honoured.
*Thank the person who nominated you.
*Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you.
*Nominate some other bloggers for this award.
*Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
1. What is your definition of courage?
We are all frightened, especially in the face of danger or the unknown. Courage is what makes you keep going, despite trauma and fear. It is the point of peace that declares, ‘this is not how my story will end.’ Courage is facing a new day or going to a social event full of unknown faces. We have it inherit in us.
2. What part does compassion play in your life?
Compassion plays a huge part. I have to be compassionate with myself, as well as those around me. When I physically can’t do anymore that day, I will rest. It is stepping outside your own experience, and asking, if I was in that situation, how would I like to be treated?
3. If you had a mental illness, how would you want people to treat you?
I suffer PTSD, anxiety and at times, depression. I love people to invite me for coffee, a movie or just to chat. I just want them to be with me. The feeling of aloneness is one of the worst things in the world when symptoms flare up.
4. What do you like most about aging? (or getting older?)
You can see the big picture of your life and see how far you have come.
5. What is your worst fear?
Heights! Apart from that, being alone. The feeling of being rejected or abandoned.
My Questions Are:
1. What gives you joy in your life?
2. Which season do you prefer and why?
3. If you could be an animal, what would it be?
4. What movies do you love?
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?