I am incredibly touched that Gentle Kindness nominated me for the Once a Victim Now a Survivor Award.
This award is for those who have gone through mental illness of any kind, abuse, trauma, and especially PTSD. Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 5 – 10 bloggers to pass the award to
- Post questions for your nominees to answer (you may use the same as these below)
- Inform your nominees and post a comment in their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated
Here are the questions for my nominees. Feel free to skip any questions that you want to skip. You can fill in your own questions as you feel appropriate.
1. In what ways do you feel that blogging can help people with psychological trauma or mental illness?
Most definitely! It gives you a platform to not only articulate your experience and feelings, but also to educate.
2. How has blogging helped you with your healing, or your personal journey?
Being able to tell my story has been invaluable, and the messages of support I have received are incredibly uplifting. We are a real community! I certainly feel validated.
3. What books, movies, or YouTube channels would you recommend to someone with a similar background to you?
I have written a book called Lived to Tell. It details what occurred, and most importantly, how I came back from hell. It has a happy ending! People placed bets that I wouldn’t live to fifteen, and now I am a grown woman. That still makes me shake my head in wonder! My worst day now pales when compared to my worst days then.
Here are my Nominees:
There are so many others, and you all deserve this award. Please put it up if you would like to.