The wondrous Danica has nominated me for the Be Thankful Challenge. I am thankful for this honour! Check out Danica’s blog for excellent content!
Share this image in your blog post
• Write about 5 people in your life you are thankful for
• Write about 5 things in 2015 that you are thankful for
• Spread the love and challenge 5 other blogs to take part
5 People in my life that I am thankful for.
I am honoured to have many beautiful people in my life, and am finding it difficult to narrow the selection down to 5!
I hereby will give a shout-out to those in the following categories:
1. Those who inspire me with their individuality and creativity. Those with whom I can talk for hours about art, literature, love and colour.
2. Those who have woken from a dark dream and have the battle scars to prove it. They woke up shackled and in the dark, and through their own efforts have broken the chains. These survivors are lighting their path. I am in awe and inspired by these courageous spirits.
3. The comedians. We all have those people who are irreverent and mischievous and make us smile. They make life worth living with their lightness of being.
4. The friends who are there in illness and in health. Those who seem to instinctively know that you require an intervention in the form of lunch or a walk.
5. The people you can be yourself with. No masks. If you are in pain, you don’t have to fudge it. You are accepted with your grief, sadness, joy and silliness.
5 Things I am grateful for in 2015
1. Home schooling my daughter. We have met many wonderful parents and kids and were warmly welcomed into the community. She has had many great opportunities as a result. It has been a thrill to see her flourish.
2. My beautiful friends. It has been a whirlwind of a year, and they have supported me and understood when I was snowed under.
3. Moving house. After five years in a place we have outgrown, we are looking forward to new adventures. I am looking forward to fresh energy and a new start.
4. I am thankful for the simple things. Sunshine, tea cups and teapots, books and art galleries, bird song and guinea pigs. I am thankful for laughter and shelter and music. I am thankful I am still here.
5. I am thankful that I had a few little breaks away this year. Even a few days away makes a world of difference.
I nominate the following to take part in the challenge!