The challenge today is to answer the question, would I rather date someone plain with an amazing personality or someone beautiful with a plain personality?
- Firstly, I would like to ask, what is plain? To my mind, it is purely subjective. What you find interesting and beautiful, I may not and vice versa. Attractiveness is not only skin-deep. It is the quality of a person’s thoughts and the beauty in their heart. It streams forth from their eyes and aura like a beacon. Who hasn’t felt an angry person’s vibe, long before they speak? I would rather date somebody with a stunning personality, absolutely! One that speaks not about others and the minutiae of their lives, but speaks to me of concepts, creativity, philosophy and love.
Seven things that cross my mind a lot…
“I need Coffee!”
“Where has the day gone?”
“My canaries have the voices of angels!”
“Blowing a raspberry inside my head at that mean person!”
“I need to sleep!”
“ouch! my spine hurts, a lot!”
“You can do this kid; I’ve got you.”
Ok so here are the rules:
- Leave a link to your page or post in the comments of this post.
- Reblog this post. It helps you, it helps me, it helps everyone! So don’t be selfish, hit the reblog button.
- Edit your reblog post and add tags (i.e. reblogging, reblog, meet n greet, link party, etc.), it helps, trust me on this one.
- Share this post on social media. Many of my non-blogger friends love that I put the Meet n Greet on Facebook and Twitter because they find new bloggers to follow. This helps also, trust me.
- And if you leave a link and don’t follow me, how about ya show ole Danny some love?
Now that all the rules have been clearly explained get out there and meet n greet your butts off!
The Social Media post will publish…
View original post 16 more words
(Letter to my Daughter)
My darling little girl,
We have just celebrated your ninth birthday. Where did the time go? I want you to know that there is no need to do anything to make me happy. I love you in your petulant moments, through your anger and tears and also in your joyous times. There is no award or trophy you need to gain to win this love. My darling, this world has already tried to box you in, and label you. We wont let them. You are just as defiant as I, already with a finely-tuned inbuilt detector for nonsense. You are not just “pretty,” “dramatic,” “artistic,” “athletic,” “good at maths.” These are components of what makes you who you are, but my darling, you are not one-dimensional. I pray you never pay mind to anyone that says you are. You came to me perfect, with a grand purpose for your exquisite life. It’s great fun slowly uncovering what that purpose is, watching as your destiny is unfurled through a series of clues. It presents as your interests, the songs and movies you love, the colours and books you adore. It presents in the things you say. Hold onto your sense of self, and take pride in being an individual. Your kind heart and sensitive soul will hold you in good stead. I will love you forever. I knew you long before you were born. I knew you from my dreams. With all my love, Mummy xxx
What fills me with glee?
These things also fill my cup:
Coffee! Almonds! Birds! Music! Comfy shoes! Spare time! Spring! Going on a long walk! Adventure! Parks! Musicals and Theatre Productions! Colour! Laughter! Books! Hearing children sing!
Things that don’t float my boat:
Fundamentalist anything. Loud neighbours. Cars that refuse to start. Horror or crime movies. People that shout. Door-to-door sellers of anything. People with no empathy. Packaging; why is there so much packaging on everything?! Bullies. Telephones and speaking on them. Flat-packs of furniture.
Dear Kitty has nominated me for her Real Neat Blog Award! Thankyou my friend! She writes: “Late in 2014, I made this new award: the Real Neat Blog Award. There are so many bloggers whose blogs deserve more attention. So, I will try to do something about that 🙂
It is the first award that I ever made. I did some computer graphics years ago, before I started blogging; but my computer drawing had become rusty 🙂
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time; or don’t accept awards; etc.):
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)”
My seven questions are:
1. Where do most visits to your blog come from?
The United States, Australia, UK and Canada. Also heavily featured are Spain, Japan, Netherlands, Malaysia, Italy and many more beautiful places!
2. What is your favourite sport?
Um, I don’t have one! I was never a sporty kid, although I admire many sports people. I do like baseball. There is something quite magical about it, as depicted in Field of Dreams and the movie about Babe Ruth.
3. What has been a special moment for you so far in 2015?
So many! Celebrating my daughter’s birthday, beginning our home schooling journey, watching my daughter play Titania in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, happy times with friends, and starting work on Siren Empire, a beautiful website.
4. What is your favourite quote?
I have many! A recent favourite is, “My life is perfect, even when its not”-Ellen DeGeneres.
5. What was your favourite class when still at school?
Art and English.
6. Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
To love myself, and be kinder to myself.
7. What musical instrument have you tried to play?
My nominees are:
Questions, should you wish to take part!
1. Favourite Colour?
2. Favourite place to visit?
3. Coffee or tea?
4. Favourite quote?
5. Favourite song?
6. when did you start your blog, and why did you start it?
7. Are you nocturnal or do you have the most energy in the day?
I have attended many concerts in my time. Some that come to mind are:
The Eurythmics. I was a child and they were extraordinary!
Tim Finn and Paul Kelly at the Opera House. Incredible songwriters.
Lolo Lovina. They pierce your soul.
Pink, because she is wonderful and great fun!
Katy Perry. My little girl adores her, and I must say, I do too.
The Old Married Couple. Gorgeous humans I am proud to call friends.
I have been to many Indie concerts in small venues, as well as scores of festivals. Sydney has at least one festival each week! It’s a great way to uncover new talent. I always buy the cd’s. I haven’t even mentioned theatre and musicals, both of which I love. In the years to come I hope to get to many more concerts!